SSC English Second Paper Board Question 2018
All Board –SSC–2018
English Second Paper
1.Fill in the blanks with the words from the box. You may need to change the forms of some words. You may need to use one word more than once :-
Bangladesh (a)—- in the southern part of Asia. She is now (b)—— in the grip of all (c)——- of pollutions like air pollution, soil pollution and water pollution. The dwellers of the urban areas are the (d)——- suffers of such pollution. The industrialization process (e) ——— Bangladesh over the past decades (f)——– created significant environmental problems. We know (g)——— some of the most common types (h)——— environmental pollutions and Ways of (i)——— with them. In this case, we need (j)——— most.
- Fill in the blanks with suitable words :-
Truthfulness (a) —— to the habit of speaking the truth. It is (b)——— greatest of all virtues in a man’s life. The true peace and prosperity of man entirely depends (c)——— it. It ennobles one’s character and gives one high (d) ——— in society. It may not make one rich (e)———– brings peace of mind. A truthful person is loved and respected (f) ——- all. A truthful person cares (g)——— . All religions teach us to (h) ———- truthful. By (i) ——— of truthfulness all can shine in life. Truthfulness (j)———- lead the whole world to peace and prosperity.
- Make five sentences using parts of sentences from each column of the table below:-
|Many of us||can||The life of dying patients.|
|By donating blood we||will||Misconception about blood donation.|
|Blood donation||have||Cause no harm to us.|
|Every man in sound health||is||a very noble deed.|
|Donating blood||save||Donate blood after every three month.|
|bad for health.|
- Complete the following text with right forms of verbs given in the box:-
One day the great poet Ferdousi (a)———-by Sultan Mahmud to (b)———- Shahnama in honour of the Sultan. The Sultan (c) ————- to pay Ferdousi a gold coin for each verse. Ferdousi (d) ———– the writing and it (e)———– found (f)———- sixty thousand verse. Now Sultan (g)——— to pay sixty thousand gold coins. He (h)———– to pay silver coins instead of gold coins. The poet (i)——— to make silver coins and (j)——— to his village.
- Change the narrative style of the following text:-
Shabab said to Tahsin, “Did you visit the Shat Gombuj Mosque?” “No, I didn’t”, said Tahsin. “I was there last week. How beautiful the mosque is!” said Shabab. “Let’s go there next year.” Tahsin said.
- Change the sentences according to directions:-
(a) Very few conquerors of the world were great as Taimur. (Superlative)
(b) The province of a powerful prince was, one attacked by young Taimur. (Active)
(c) Entering the kingdom of the prince, he captured a large village. (Compound)
(d) The army killed Taimur’s all soldiers. (Passive)
(e) He disguised himself as a poor traveler to survive. (Complex)
(f) He came to a house and asked for something to eat. (Simple)
(g) There lived an old woman in the house.(Complex)
(h) The woman became sympathetic to see Taimur. (Interrogative)
(i) The food was very hot. (Exclamatory)
(j) Taimur was too hungry to wait.(Negative)
- Complete the sentences:-
(a) It is English which———-.
(b) But most of the students don’t know how———-.
(c) If a student wants to do well in English————.
(d) Unless he/she practices it,————–.
(e) It is high time————-.
- Complete the text adding suffixes, prefixes or the both with the root words given in the parenthesis:-
People are (a)———– (general) fond of glittering things. They are the (b)———-(love) of surface. They are concerned with the (c)———-(out) show of things and beings. They (d)———(hard) bother about intrinsic value. Gold is a very (e) ———- (value) things. But there are (f)———- (very) metals in nature that look like gold. They fade soon and become less (g)——— beauty). So, the surface of anything should not be the key for its (h)———– (measure). We all should be (i) ———– (care) about this truth. Otherwise, we will have to be (j) ———– (repent) in the long run.
- Make tag questions of these statements:-
(a) At present, everybody likes cricket,———-?
(b) Students hardly miss watching this game,———-?
(c) Nothing is more enjoyable to them than cricket,———?
(d) How exciting the game is!,———-?
(e) Let’s play this game,———-?
- Complete the passage using suitable connectors:-
(a) ———taking food, we should bear in mind. (b)——— we do not eat just to satisfy hunger or to fill the belly. We eat (c)———- we can preserve our health. Some people living in the midst of plenty, do not eat the food they need for good health (d)——— they have no knowledge of the science of health and nutrition. (e)———— they suffer from various diseases.
- Use capitals and punctuation marks where necessary in the following text:-
whats your programme after the examination asked ratul nabil said I haven’t yet decided can you suggest any lets go on a picnic said ratul what an excellent idea
- Suppose, some Accounts Officers will be appointed in Meghna Bank. You, Monir/Monira, are interested to be an Accounts Officers. Now, write a CV with a cover letter for the post.
- Imagine, you are Sumon/Sumona, a student of Jamalpur Zilla School, Jamalpur. There is no canteen in your school. The students have to stay for a long time in the school. So they need Tiffin. Now, write an application to your Headmaster on behalf of the students for setting up a canteen in your school.
- Write a paragraph on “A Moonlit Night.”
- Write a composition on “Your Favourite Hobby.”